1 -----> 12 -----> 31 -----> 60
Teach numbers 1-12
- Each of these numbers has it's own unique name.
- This might also be a good time to start referencing the time since you now have all the hours of the day memorized.
- These numbers now begin to follow a set pattern (teens, twenties, thirties, etc).
- This number range allows you to "sneak" in some calendar time by pointing out that no month has more than 31 days.
- Now you can count to 60 which is the number of minutes in an hour.
- I haven't gotten this far with Jeffrey, but I think the next set I would do is 100. That is how many pennies are in a dollar and it will naturally lead into more in depth discussions on fractions and percentages.